Endeavour Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Happy 2024!
RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. EmptyJanuary 12th 2024, 2:31 am by noelbeast

» Happy Internation Lefthanders Day!
RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. EmptyAugust 13th 2022, 5:59 pm by noelbeast

» *Dusts off old forum* HOLY SHIT!
RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. EmptyAugust 13th 2022, 5:49 pm by noelbeast

» IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE??????!!!
RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. EmptyOctober 16th 2021, 6:54 pm by noelbeast

» Remember when...
RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. EmptyDecember 28th 2017, 1:36 am by noelbeast

» Black Ops 2 Backwards Compatibility
RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. EmptyApril 16th 2017, 7:31 pm by Nay

» Happy New Year!
RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. EmptyJanuary 30th 2017, 4:39 am by noelbeast

Top posting users this month
No user

RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read.

Go down

RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. Empty RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read.

I was going to put this as a topic reply but then I found it too long so I thought I'd put here for all of you to read.

Okay then, I'm going to start of with saying I was between 'Very Happy' and 'Things are going well' in the poll. I went with the latter and with this post, I hope to explain why.

First off, let me just say that there's not going to be any HUGE problems or qualms listed here. I'm just hoping that maybe I can awaken some people to some things and maybe change them. (This may be a little long winded but please, bare with me lol)

Okay so. here's my thoughts. One, as a community, I think we're fucking awesome. We're welcoming, we're fun and the place is a buzz to be around. Sure, there maybe little quarrels here and there but hey, stick 165 people, who've never met before, in a room and see if everyone gets along 100% of the time. I'm guessing they won't. However, this is where the feeling of family comes into it. After these quarrels, we make up, move on and get on with it. We're welcoming new people into the clan on what seems a daily basis now, that's great for everyone involved.

Two, as for the powers that be and the people in charge. Here I'm talking from Directors down to the squad leaders and managers. I think the right people are in the right places. Noel, you yourself is doing an excellent job with everything you're doing. With the clan ops and management of the Elite to polls like this and surveying general happiness. Security is always on top of their game. As far as making sure everyone abides by the rules and sanctioning those you don't. I'm not going to talk about Events as I don't want to come across as a biased and arrogant prick but, I think we're doing alright lol. The squad leaders in RestlessCommand, Killa and DrFree_Man are doing a fantastic job with their squads and handling their business. TC I love you buddy, I know 'your' Bravo squad as well as your time as squad leader is still very young but, nevertheless, I'm still excited to see you guys fronting it out there for us all at EnD and I know you can do us proud. Finally, the Directors. Without them, this clan would have no backbone, no pillars to hold us up and no legs to stand on. I can't praise you enough for the time and effort you put into this clan and community. Your approachability is meritable, your support is excellent and your effort is exemplary.

As for my own individual overall happiness. It couldn't be any better. From the people I work with on the Events team to the people I speak with in the chatbox. I'm happy to say, I have no problems with any of you and I'm glad I can call a large majority of you friends. I'm extremely happy with my staff role with in the clan and couldn't ask for a better team to work with. The team we've put together is amazing.

Now, for my little niggles.

First off, you'll notice I missed out the Media Team and Recruitment teams out of my list of commendable people. This is for one simple reason, there are no mangers in these sections to mention. As far as I'm aware, both of these roles are vacant. This to me is a slight bit of a problem. Tru, again, I must thank you for your efforts in keeping the YouTube channel alive. As well as every still willing to contribute towards it.

However, in my eyes, these are the two most important roles within the clan. (Other than the Directors) I'll explain what I mean by this. As far as Events, Security and the Union go, they only really have a job and come into force within the forum. Whereas, the other two sections go out into public space and advertise this clan and to me, having these two managerial positions vacant is a problem and only hinders our growth.

As far as the Media manager/team is concerned. We all seen the buzz and the growth caused by Hobbes and his team when they were in charge of it. They pushed us over the 200 sub and 10,000 video view marks. I'd hate to see all this hard work become squandered or even reversed. Without someone stepping up to the plate, this is going to be what happens.
I know that this position has always been a notoriously hard position to fill and keep filled when it has been taken over. However, I can't believe that there isn't someone in this community that can't take over the role at this time and make the channel great again. Hell, I know there's a few members with PVR's in the clan. Even if they don't want the role, at least offer to record other people's gameplays. Just help a little more or take a little bit of a burden off the guys that are keeping it afloat right now. At least till someone that does want the position arises. Just by doing something as little as recording a gameplay for someone is still helping one to help us all.

As for the Recruitment team. As I've said before, we're welcoming new people almost every day now. Just imagine what it could be like with a dedicated team for this very purpose. Sure, we've got adverts out there on all kind of sites but, surely some of these need updating by now and there's always new sites to post on, new lobbies to pick people up from and new people looking for a clan. See what I'm getting at here? Without a dedicated team, we can't reach everyone we could be reaching. Again, this is only hindering our growth.

Part in parcel with the recruitment side and getting more people interested in us, I know there's been a topic on this already so I won't go into too much detail. I, personally, think we could make some changes to get more members. Things that have already been suggest like, making the Facebook page more active. Making little tweeks to appeal to a wider audience (i.e. Women) just things like this that makes us more known and more approachable.

So, with my final thought, I want to say this, if you really want to help out our family and you're interested in the roles above, go for it. There's only you stopping yourself from giving it a try. This goes out to all members. Whether you're already in a staff role or not. If you are in a staff role, I'm sure your manager and colleagues wouldn't begrudge you giving something else a try and helping the clan out as a whole. I know motivation is sometimes hard to find around here, I've seen this with me insight on Events but, trust me, when you're in a staff role and doing a job, it only makes you feel more welcome and proud to be a part of this community.

Well, that's my two cents (And a little bit more lol) I'm sorry if you feel I've wasted your time but I felt I had to say these things to maybe motivate some people into trying a little harder.

I guess you could say, overall, I'm very happy that things are going well and with a few tweeks, we could go all the way to the top. However, if we were to become contempt with our efforts and stop trying or thinking we need to better ourselves, that's where it all goes wrong.

Thank you for reading,
Nay_green89 (Events Manager)

EDIT: Jari, I'm completely and utterly embarrassed and I apologise for over looking your Recruitment Manager Position. It wasn't until just now that I remembered you've recently took over the position. I whole heartedly apologise <3 As for everyone else, you can disregard everything I said about the Recruitment Manager position lol I feel so stupid.
Nay
Nay
Director

Platform : Xbox One
Strikes : 0 strikes
Mic/Headset : Yes

http://twitter.com/#!/TheNaySay

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

RE: How happy are you with EnD? My say. Please read. :: Comments

noelbeast

Post April 24th 2012, 4:38 am by noelbeast

Love it, all of it. Very well put. Thanks for your input Nay Smile

Back to top Go down

Vballstar

Post April 24th 2012, 5:02 am by Vballstar

I also agree with noel well put man. I would also like to offer my services in either of these two areas we are short on. I spend alot of time both on the website and in game. I would love to help make this clan stronger by any means I can since this clan has already given me so much I would really like to start giving back to the family. I would most likely fit better in the recruitment aspect but would be proud to be a part of any section of this clan's staff.

Back to top Go down

BoLT_ArAb

Post April 24th 2012, 5:03 am by BoLT_ArAb

LIKE!!!

Back to top Go down

Nay

Post April 24th 2012, 8:41 am by Nay

Vballstar23 wrote:I also agree with noel well put man. I would also like to offer my services in either of these two areas we are short on. I spend alot of time both on the website and in game. I would love to help make this clan stronger by any means I can since this clan has already given me so much I would really like to start giving back to the family. I would most likely fit better in the recruitment aspect but would be proud to be a part of any section of this clan's staff.

If you want to help out, then go for it. There's no harm in contacting the managers/directors in charge and registering your interest.

Back to top Go down

Killa

Post April 24th 2012, 3:30 pm by Killa

The thing with the YT channel is, yes we need a dedicated team, and manager to cover it, but the awesome thing with is clan is that more and more people who arent part of media are putting their videos up on youtube and keeping it alive.

Great post!

Back to top Go down

DrFree_Man

Post April 24th 2012, 5:19 pm by DrFree_Man

Very well put Nay and spot on. It was a big hit when Duey left, he did an excellent job with recruitment and i bet we are still getting people from his efforts. As for the Youtube channel i know first hand how difficult it can be (for me due to no pvr) I was lucky enough to have people send me there gameplays, record my own for me, then i would edit and com (or edit there com in). I loved doing this, in fact i would like to still put up com's (mabye one ever week or two). but alas i don't have a pvr so i can't put the effort in to make how to vids or proper clantages or even a basic com. It is a very rewarding, yet difficult job to handle but like you i believe there is a member that would fit perfect here.

Back to top Go down

Slashfighter

Post April 24th 2012, 7:32 pm by Slashfighter

very well put Smile

Back to top Go down

BlindTru

Post April 24th 2012, 10:25 pm by BlindTru

Everything you said is spot on, thankyou also for your appreciation of our efforts. I am going to do some brain storming of my own soon on how to move EnD forward as a clan and a brand, taking on board what you've said.

Back to top Go down

HellHasNoFury

Post April 24th 2012, 10:50 pm by HellHasNoFury

Great read, couldn't agree more. I guess the only place we're lacking is in awareness/media, which youtube I suppose would be the best place to start.

Just my 2 cents, the whole media thing seems a bit all over the place, we have many people within the clan adding this that and the other to various YT channels, but it seems there's too much variety on the clan channel. There's no continuation. I see a lot of "episode 1" all over our channel and I'm thinking, where's episode 2, 3, 4 ? The channels that grab my interest are the ones I know what I'm getting out of, there are the channels that inform me of weapon statistics, perks, analysis. Channels that entertain me, competetive channels that I learn the GB-side from etc etc, I know and like what i'm getting when I click "Subscribe".

Maybe this raises the question, is the YT channel for endeavour members to go over and enjoy the videos on, or is it to gain awareness and take this clan to the next step within the Cod community as a whole ? As an EnD member I know the people who've made the commentaries, I find it more entertaining than a non-member and if people want the channel to be a dumping ground for inside-EnD entertainment, that's absolutely fine too. But.. how many clans are this size ? With such a booming community ? Not all that many. So why not use youtube as the stepping stone to get us to the next level. The way to start would be to obviously find a suitable player to fit the media manager role.

When going up and down the list of uploads onto the channel, don't get me wrong each and every one is a well-made piece of entertainment, but i don't see any consistency in the content.

I honestly don't know, just putting out my opinion on how it feels, this post isn't exactly concise and well written- but i'm tired and just got back from the pub so if you've made it this far, apologies Smile

Edit: I see absolutely no reason why this clan couldn't be a much more dominant one in the community, we have the size and entertainment value to attract more members, skilled members to lift the competetive side, members with more time and media skills to help that side, even just members to help fill the slots in those pub-stomping lobbies.

Last edited by HellHasNoFury on April 24th 2012, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

JustThatDino

Post April 24th 2012, 10:53 pm by JustThatDino

HellHasNoFury wrote:

Just my 2 cents, the whole media thing seems a bit all over the place, we have many people within the clan adding this that and the other to various YT channels, but it seems there's too much variety on the clan channel. There's no continuation. I see a lot of "episode 1" all over our channel and I'm thinking, where's episode 2, 3, 4 ?

+1 Precisely this. All the series that are on the channel are great, but theres only 1 episode. Like WTH? Tru, i was really looking forward to 'What gets on my tits Ep. 2' :'( Fury is spot on with this I think.

Back to top Go down

Killa

Post April 24th 2012, 11:48 pm by Killa

Yeah , I also want a blindtru looking at you ( staring me this time Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

TROU_IM_BLE

Post April 25th 2012, 2:44 pm by TROU_IM_BLE

I personally love the clan. It's hard to believe how involved you can get with a group of people that you are unlikely to ever see face to face. But I feel closer with some of the folks I play/chat with than many people I know in "real life". So, needless to say, but I will because it's what was asked, I am very happy with EnD. I figured because of my lack in skill that I would be kind of pushed aside, but that has not been so. I t has been quite the opposite actually. Many people are offering tips, and hints, vid links, etc, helping me improve my game. And it has been helping a great deal, had a 20+ kill game the other night. Those who played with me when I first joined know what a vast improvement this is. So thanks! I'm so glad I joined up.

Back to top Go down

BoLT_ArAb

Post April 29th 2012, 6:29 am by BoLT_ArAb

after these couple of weeks im srry but two people in the clan r pissing me off more and more everyday

Back to top Go down

Killa

Post April 29th 2012, 8:54 am by Killa

BoLT_ArAb wrote:after these couple of weeks im srry but two people in the clan r pissing me off more and more everyday

if you have an issue with another member please report this to either Noelbeast, the union manager, a member of security staff, or me, via PM. Don't fill other threads with such negative comments without dealing with it the right way first.

Back to top Go down

DimeHetfield696

Post April 29th 2012, 12:29 pm by DimeHetfield696

Very well said mate, Completly agree.
I'd love to help out more, as a part of the media or recruitment team, however I don't really have time for this at the moment due to my exams coming up soon.
As soon as they are done though, I'll try and help out as much as I can (if you'll still need some one to fill in some gaps Very Happy)

Back to top Go down

Post April 29th 2012, 6:47 pm by Kyle

Well said Nay and I can say that I completely agree and will try to diligently keep thses issues in mind as we move forward. Its great to see members so many concerned with continually moving this clan forward

Back to top Go down

BlindTru

Post May 11th 2012, 6:15 am by BlindTru

I would like to bump this as I feel this is still relevant. Lets get this channel pumping out our content.

Back to top Go down

Digitaltuner

Post May 11th 2012, 6:38 am by Digitaltuner

Im gonna start with some youtube content Wink
Will try to put some nice stuff and as many as I can haha

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down